Kodi (pronounced “Knightsbridge”) is an open source and free media player software program developed by the XBMC foundation, a non-commercial technology consortium. It can be freely used on multiple operating systems, with a ten-foot user-interface for use with remote controls and TVs. This article will discuss what Kodi can do, and how to run kodi chromecast.
How to Run Kodi for Chromecast
- The first thing to do is download the Kodi APK file from the download button that we provided.
- If this is the first time you will sideload an APK file for Android, you will encounter a popup warning that says something like not being able to install any app due to some restrictions on the settings.
- To fix this issue, you will need to go to your Android “Settings” area. You can access it through the notification area on top of your screen with a swipe-down gesture, or you can find it as an app icon somewhere in your app list or drawer.
- Now, on the “Settings” menu, scroll down and look for the “Security” tab.
- Click on it and find the “Unknown Sources” tab. Tap on it to enable or activate it. Now, this is important. Remember to disable or deactivate this feature once you are done with installing Kodi. Leaving this enabled could open your Android device to malware and viruses. So try not to forget to deactivate this later.
- Now tap on your home button to go back to the home screen and find the Kodi APK that you downloaded earlier. It should be on the default “Downloads” folder of your device. Use the File Explorer app to find it.
- Once you find the Kodi APK file, tap on it to initiate the installation process.
- Wait for a few seconds until you see the “App Installed” appears.
- Now, activate your smartphone’s screen mirroring feature. It should have the name Screencast, Miracast, or Share Cast depending on your device manufacturer.
- If you do not know how to find it, just open your settings, and it should be along with the “Display” settings. Sometimes it has a shortcut on the notification menu along with your WiFi, Data, and Bluetooth quick access.
- All you have to do is enable it. Once it activates, it will scan for any available wireless display or compatible casting device.
- Now, this is the part where you turn on your TV and plug in your Chromecast device.
- Wait until your Android smartphone displays your Chromecast name on the list. When you see it, just tap on it to initiate a connection.
- When it says “Connected” or “Paired,” you should immediately see your smartphone screen is mirrored on your TV.
- Now launch Kodi and start watching all the Kodi media content on your TV.
- This method is great, but you should understand that when you turn your smartphone display, you won’t also see anything on your TV. When your Android device sleeps, so is the TV’s display. And this is where the second option that you can use to maximize your Kodi for the Chromecast experience
More Features Of Kodi
One of the most interesting features of Kodi is the ability to download videos from websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, and other websites. The software is designed in such a way that it allows you to access the video directly from your hard drive instead of downloading it from the site. This allows you to view the video from your computer, even if your computer is turned off. Since you don’t have to download the video from these sites, you can also enjoy the video on your TV even without the help of the computer.
These are just a few of the features of Kodi that you may want to check out. If you want to know more, go ahead and read the article below.
You can also connect to the Internet with Kodi on your computer. You can use it to watch satellite TV on your computer, download movies from Vimeo and other online movie sites, and play your favorite games online. This is one of the biggest reasons why people are flocking to this type of program. With this software, you can even stream music online from a variety of sites like YouTube and other popular sites.
Kodi was designed as an alternative to other media players like Windows Media Player and QuickTime Player. Unlike Windows Media Player, which is designed to run on a PC, Kodi works best on a TV. Because of this reason, users can use their computer to surf the Internet or watch streaming videos while watching their favorite TV shows. This allows them to stay connected with their friends and family even while they’re at work, watching the TV in the same room.